Screenfeed is a subscription based service that provides ready-made content that can be used directly in Carousel. More information about their services can be found on their website. Tightrope Media Systems and Screenfeed are not affiliated.
|While we happily accept using Screenfeed subscriptions in Carousel, we don't offer technical support on their product. Any issues with Screenfeed subscriptions should be addressed with Screenfeed directly.|
Limited Technical SupportSince this is a workaround and not a actual implemented feature of our software, Technical support for this feature is limited.
Supported Delivery Methods
Delivery methods that CablecastCG supports out of the box:
- Media RSS (Images only)
Methods that currently (as of 7.5) don't work natively with CablecastCG:
- Flash Playback
- Media RSS (Video playback)
Content Types & Carousel
Carousel will work without issue with most of their static image based feeds and some animated feeds. However, Content feeds that include video currently dont work in CablecastCG.
The best method to use Screenfeed content is using Media RSS (Using "RSS" bulletin). Create a zone and fill the zone with the "Web Picture" block.
Quick Start Guide
You can also watch this step-by-step video tutorial here: https://soapbox.wistia.com/videos/suENDaEVNX
- Go to screenfeed.com and purchase / start a trial for the feed type you want.
- Create a new feed. Try to match your zone size (16:9 or 4:3).
- Once you have created your feed, you'll get the URL for using in Carousel. Copy this Media RSS feed. Remember we do not support media RSS with video sources.
- Go to CablecastCG (Formally, Carousel) and create a new Dynamic bulletin > RSS
- Paste your URL from Screenfeed into the Feed URL section
- Go to the Layout tab, and delete all the blocks.
- Create a new block, Fill the zone with it and change the type to "Web Picture". (Its in good practice to also name your block something like "URL")
- Next you're going to go to the "Content" tab. Go under "Dynamic Fields List" and find the item that contains the .jpg image. Copy the "Item tag" (surrounded in #hashtags#) and paste it into the URL block you made in step 7. In most cases, its going to be #ItemImageURL#.
This next part is important.
- If you are doing a Animated Radar Map, Go to the "Extras" tab and change the dwell time to 1 second.
- All other media types can remain as a automatic dwell timer, or manually set one.
Publish / save, and you're done!