- Carousel model 310, 320, and 330 media appliances with the TV input card option installed
- Live video input bulletin is not displaying
- Bulletin will display but the quality is poor
There could be a few reasons that the video stream is not displaying in Carousel:
1) The content is HDCP protected
2) The bulletin/player configuration was not set up properly
3) In some 310's and 320's, there is a bios setting which negatively effects the capture cards performance.
4) Corrupted or outdated AVermedia drivers
1) The AVermedia capture card will not display HDCP protected content. Try another source for video
2) When setting up the bulletin, there are some common steps which can be missed. You must select the proper input device on the player as well as in the bulletin:
First, exit the Carousel display engine by tapping the escape key and repeatedly clicking the mouse. Then, launch the display engine and select 'configure' on the splash screen to access the players configuration menu. Then under 'Live video input' Select the AVermedia card
Once that has been selected, locate the bulletin in the Carousel Web interface and check to ensure the proper input has been selected there as well
3) On some system models, there is a setting in the BIOS which can cause the AVermedia card to act poorly. You may see screen jitter, inconsistent video, or just a black screen. Follow these steps to check/resolve:
Disable Intel C-State Tech in the machine’s BIOS
Reboot the machine and enter the BIOS (Press [Delete]).
Use the arrow keys to navigate to Advanced Options -> Processor and Clock options
Locate “Intel C-State Tech”
Press Enter, then use the Arrow keys to select Disabled.
Navigate to Exit -> Save changes and Exit.
Also check to make sure that you are also running at least Carousel version 6.2.4+ or 6.3.4+
4) Try installing the latest AVermedia drivers for the Card. You can download them here:
Reboot when complete.