- Legacy Public Site ( Pre Cablecast 6.0 )
- The Cablecast Web Service only returns 50 results for Show searches
In order to prevent some Web Service queries from using excessive system resources, the maximum number of results is intentionally limited.
You can modify the setting that determines the maximum number of results using the following procedure:
- From the Windows desktop of the server hosting the Cablecast Web Service:
- Navigate to either C:\TRMS\Web\CablecastWS\ or D:\TRMS\Web\CablecastWS (on older machines this folder will be on the D: drive)
- Open web.config using Notepad or a similar text editor
* Make sure you're editing web.config not web.config.latest
- Under the <appSettings> section look for a setting called "ShowResultLimitPerSite"
- Change the number to your desired value. Note that the default value is 50.
- Save the file
To set the limit at 100 shows the line would read:
<add key="ShowResultLimitPerSite" value="100" />
Please note that setting this value too high will cause the Web Service to use more system resources. This might cause undesired side effects.