You are unable to delete a digital file off the video server. An error message pops up at the top of the screen stating: "Deleting file failed. Unable to delete <File Path\File Name>. No other information is available.
- Cablecast 5.2.0 +
- Unable to delete a digital file from the Cablecast web UI or from the root of the SX Video Server directly
- Error message provides no useful explanation
In the particular situation that brought this to our attention, the file was set to have Read-only access.
From the Windows desktop on your video server:
- Navigate to the directory where the affected file is located
- Right-click on the file and select Properties
- In the Attributes section, uncheck the Read-Only box
- Click OK
- You should now be able to delete the file
A future Cablecast version will include a more useful warning message as to why the file could not be deleted.
Released A fix for this bug has been released in Cablecast 5.3.4.