- SX Series Video Servers (All Versions)
- ZEPLAY Instant Replay System (All Versions)
- Matrox driver installation program stalls for a long time at Initializing Device Installation
This issue occurs because by default, systems are configured to search for device drivers on Windows Update. The drivers for the Matrox hardware can't be found on Windows Update, and it takes a long time to search for a driver for each device.
To work-around this problem, you should temporarily disable Windows Update Driver Searching by performing the following steps:
- Right-click My Computer and select Properties
- Click Advanced System Settings in the left-side bar
- Switch to the Hardware tab
- Click Device Installation Settings
- Select No, let me choose what to do
- Select Never Install driver software from Windows Update
- Click Save Changes
- After the Matrox driver installation completes, switch back to Yes, do this automatically
Case 9549 will prevent this issue from occurring on Cablecast systems, it is scheduled for release in Cablecast 6.0.3.