The SX Video Overlay Application parses the event list to determine which devices it should control. If the event list file on the server has multiple different entries, the overlay application can not accurately determine when it should activate.
- Cablecast 5.1.0+
- Overlay application properly updates Crawl Text, Bug Text, and Bug State in the User Interface
- Overlay application never activates the overlay
The SX servers use a XML event list to cache events in between Autopilot sends. The SX Video Overlay Application parses these XML files to determine which Cablecast devices it is controlling. In some situations the XML event list can contain multiple entries. For example when a new SX Server is installed it will have a XML event list generated during quality assurance testing. This event list might then be modified by a Cablecast Pro server. When this happens the event list will contain multiple different entries, and the Cablecast Video Overlay application can not determine which entries are accurate.
- Exit the Cablecast Video Overlay Application by Choosing File -> Exit
- Open the Control Modules folder. This will be located at C:\TRMS\Control Modules or D:\TRMS\Control Modules on older servers
- Delete the SXPlayerCMEventList.xml file
- Resend Autopilot to generate a new event list
- Start the SX Video Overlay Application
The SX Video Overlay Application should now be able to properly determine which devices it is controlling.