SX Video Servers running Windows 7 have processes that run in both 32 bit mode and 64 bit mode. Due to an unknown circumstance, (we suspect a windows update) the 32 bit process used for file validation can fail. This can include SXFileValidationService (Cablecast Versions before 5.4.0) and SxFileValidation.exe (All Versions). To fix this issue you will need to reinstall the appropriate Matrox drivers for your version of Cablecast.
- SX Video Servers running Windows 7
- All file validation fails with an error message to contact Tightrope Support.
- Playback of files through the SXConfiguration app work as expected
- SXFileValidationService fails to start (Cablecast versions before 5.4.0)
We believe a Windows Update installs an incompatible binary used by 32 bit processes that use the video hardware of an SX Video Server. We have not been able to identify the specific Windows Update, but the resolution provided below has fixed this issue in 100% of cases.
To fix this issue you will need to reinstall the Matrox Drivers for your version of Cablecast. If you do not have the Matrox Driver Installer you can contact email@example.com for a Download Key. On the SX Video Server:
- Uninstall Cablecast
- Uninstall Matrox DSX Utils
- Reboot the SX Video Server
- Reinstall the appropriate Matrox DSX Utils
- Reinstall the appropriate Cablecast Version
The SX Video Server should now be able to validate files properly.