- All Broadcast Products
Tightrope Media Systems' Broadcast group does not support use of it's products as Active Directory ("AD") Domain Members. There are several reasons for this policy:
- Password expiration policies can result in interruption of automation rendering the station off-air.
- AD's built-in time synchronization is not sufficiently accurate for broadcast use.
- AD's built-in time synchronization will make it impractical to synchronize time with an external source.
- Group Policy can interfere with reliable operation of the system.
- Group Policy can interfere with our support staff's ability to troubleshoot the system.
Many of our customers have segregated their broadcast infrastructure equipment from the rest of their network using separate VLANs. This will help improve the security of the overall network.