Cablecast 5.2.0 changes the process for retranscoding files.
- Cablecast 5.2.0+
- Deleting a .wmv file from the VOD server's content directory no longer causes the file to be retranscoded.
Cablecast 5.2.0 includes completely redesigned VOD functionality. As part of this redesign, a new feature was added which allows shows to be retranscoded from within the Cablecast Web User Interface.
In order to retranscode a file in Cablecast 5.2.0+:
- Navigate to Main Menu : Video On Demand
- Enter the show's ShowID in the search box, such as '12345'
- Click Search
- Click on the show in the left column
- Click the Retranscode button.