- Cablecast 5.2.0+
- VOD files fail to load in the On Demand Player.
- On Demand Player appears on the page, but continues loading at 00:00
This issue may be caused by a missing mp4 MIME type in Internet Information Services.
Workaround - Windows 7 / Server 2008 R2
From the Windows Desktop of your VOD server:
- Right Click Computer
- Select Manage
- Expand the Services and Applications node (Windows 7) or the Roles node (Server 2008 R2)
- Expand the Web Server (IIS) node (This step can be skipped on Windows 7)
- Select Internet Information Services
- Expand the node for your server in the Connections list
- Expand the Sites node
- Expand the Default Web Site node
- Select the vod Virtual Directory
- Scroll to IIS in the right pane
- Double-click MIME Types
- Confirm that this list DOES NOT include .mp4
- Click Add if .mp4 is not included in the list
- Enter .mp4 for the file extension
- Enter video/mp4 for the MIME type
- Press OK
We have had reports that this MIME type sometimes gets removed from a system for unknown reasons. We are investigating why this could be happening and will update this article accordingly.
PendingThis software behavior may be the result of a bug. It has been assigned case number 8699.