- Cablecast >= 6.2.5
The below symptoms only apply to Cablecast Live using Blackmagic input cards.
- Audio on live streams can go out of sync.
- Audio on live streams can develop high distortion / robotic sound.
- Issue is resolved by stopping and starting stream.
Issues with upstream audio introduced by routing switchers are certain types of signal processors can make the problem present itself. The issue has been identified by Blackmagic, though they have not given us a specific cause.
Install patched drivers from Blackmagic available here: https://bmdseeds.sharefile.com/d-s0ae89789e4c45b79
To install the drivers:
- Stop the Live Stream
- Uninstall current Blackmagic Desktop Video software
- Follow restart and shutdown prompts
When software install is complete restart the stream.
We are working with Blackmagic to resolve the issue and when a fix is finally released we will update the Cablecast installer to ensure the correct version is installed.