Issues Affecting Carousel 7.0.3
This document describes known issues with installing Carousel 7 as well as workarounds. It will be updated for each release of Carousel 7 as fixes are released to address various issues. This document currently covers issues when installing Carousel 7.0.3.
Offline Server Installs Fail To Configure Required IIS Packages
- Internal Bug ID: 10298
Installer will fail when doing offline installs on new systems without internet connections. The installer failure will usually references IIS_NETFX35.
Internally, the installer is trying to enable certain operating system features that require downloading installation media from Microsoft. Without an internet connection, these media downloads fail, and the install cannot configure.
- In Windows, Search / Run Dialog enter "Add Remove Programs" to open the "Add / Remove Programs" control panel
- Select the option for Installing optional Windows features.
- Enable .NET 3.5 and the following options from Internet Information Systems
New Installs Fail To Run Frontdoor SQL Scripts If SQL Server Is Not Already Installed
- Internal Bug ID: 10296
Installer will complete successfully, but users will be unable to login. An error indicating missing SQL objects such as "dbo.ServerSettings" will be shown when attempting to login.
The suspected cause is that SQL is not ready to run commands when first installed, and the Carousel installer moves too quickly from installing SQL Server to installing Frontdoor.
- Manually Run the Frontdoor SQL Script located in C:\TRMS\Database\Frontdoor-Populate.sql
New Installs May Not Configure IIS Properly
- Internal Bug ID: 10297
- Only recreated on Windows 7
- Does not seem to affect Windows 10
Installer will complete successfully but user will not be able to login due to a IIS error including a 404.17 error mentioning a Static File Handler
- Right click on My Computer and choose Manage
- Find the Management Pane for Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Select the top most server node
- Under ISAPI and CGI Restrictions ensure ASP.NET 4 filters are "Allowed" and not "Disabled"