The Carousel 260 systems have a built-in option to restore to the factory image. This should only be done if the system's OS or installed software is non-functional and beyond normal repair. If you aren't sure what this means or if you haven't yet contacted our support team about the issue please submit a ticket so we can help.
Doing this will erase all data on the hard drive. Any custom settings, software versions, files, network configurations, etc will be erased and set back to their factory state.
Please contact support if the system is a Server before proceeding.
This will revert the system to the version of Carousel that was originally installed when it was shipped. If there have been any Carousel updates they will need to be reinstalled after this process has been completed.
1) Power down the system
2) Press the power button to power it back on while tapping the F8 key on the keyboard until you see a screen titled "Advanced Boot Options"
3) Highlight "Repair Your Computer" and hit enter. This will advance to a screen showing "Windows is loading files..."
4) If Windows files loaded successfully you will advance to the Recovery Center screen. Wait about 2 minutes on this screen while mouse and keyboard drivers are loaded. If you aren't able to move the mouse or use the keyboard to select "Next" (this is actually quite normal), start again at step 1. The second time through you should have a working mouse and keyboard for the Recovery Center. If you do, click Next
5) Select "Full factory recovery", click Next
6) Select "Complete", click Next
7) Select "Yes" after reading and understanding the warning message, click Next
8) The system will now restore itself. Once it's done you should see a screen informing you that the process is complete. Click Finish
9) It will restart more than once and complete some system tasks. Once this is done the system will boot to it's factory-imaged state