- SX Series Video Servers running:
- Cablecast 5.1.0+
- Cablecast 5.2.0+
- Cablecast 5.3.0+
- Cablecast 5.4.0+
- Some of your files may fail to validate with an error that says "Obtaining info about this file did not proceed in a timely fashion".
Cablecast allocates a specific amount of time for each validation operation to complete. If a file does not validate within the allotted time limit, the previously mentioned error message is logged. The rationale being that if it takes an exceedingly long time to get the information about a file, it will likely take a long time to start playing the file as well. This could lead to the start of a program being delayed.
To workaround this problem, please Reindex the file until it works. If the file won't validate after five attempts to Reindex, please contact our support staff for further assistance. To Re-Index a file:
- Log into the Cablecast Web User Interface
- Navigate to Main Menu : Digital File Management : Invalid
- Locate the file that won't validate
- Click Reindex
We have identified a software bug that can cause this error message to be displayed under a set of incorrect circumstances. This bug will be addressed in an upcoming release of the Cablecast software.
PendingThis software behavior has been identified as bug and will be fixed. It has been assigned case number 8492.
Fixed This bug has been fixed internally as is awaiting release.
Released A fix for this bug has been released in Cablecast 5.3.6, on June 5 2015.