- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2008 R2
If you are using Windows XP, please see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/31531 for instructions
- From the Windows Desktop, click Start
- Type control userpasswords2
- Press Enter
- This will open the Advanced User Accounts Control Panel applet
- In the Users tab, uncheck the box next to Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer
- Click the Apply button
- When the Automatically Log On dialog box appears, enter the user name you wish to use for automatic logon
- Then, enter the password for this user account.
- Finally, enter the password a second time for confirmation.
- Click the OK button to close the Automatically Log On dialog box
- Click the OK button to close the Advanced User Accounts Control Panel applet.
- Restart the computer to ensure that Auto-Logon is working as expected.